The Board is committed to providing quality education to promote intellectual, social and cultural vivacity among its learners. It works towards evolving a learning process and environment, which empowers future citizens to become global leaders in the emerging knowledge society. The Board commits itself to provide a stress-free learning environment that will develop competent, confident, and enterprising citizens who will promote harmony and peace.
Role of Co-curricular activities in student’s life
Co-curricular activities are the true and practical experiences received by students. To a greater extent, the theoretical knowledge gets strengthened when a relevant co-curricular activity is organized related to the content taught in the classroom. Intellectual aspects of personality are solely accomplished by Classroom, while aesthetic development, character building, spiritual growth, physical growth, moral values, creativity, etc. are supported by co-curricular activities. Frankness and clarity in language and personality are supported by these activities. It helps to develop coordination, adjustment, speech fluency, extempore expressions, etc. among students both at the school as well as college levels.
Importance and Benefits of Co-curricular Activities
- The teacher must be a good planner so that the different activities could be carried out systematically throughout the year.
- It should be the duty of the teacher to give more and more opportunities to the child while performing co-curricular activities.
- The Teacher should act as an Innovator by introducing some innovative programs.
- The teacher must be a good organizer so that the students experience maximum of it.
Role of a Teacher in Organizing Curricular Activities
- Co-curricular activities stimulate playing, acting, singing, recitation, speaking, and narrating in students.
- Activities like participation in-game debates, music, drama, etc., help in achieving the overall functioning of education.
- It enables the students to express themselves freely through debates.
- Games and Sports help to be fit and energetic to the child.
- Helps to develop the spirit of healthy competition.
- These activities guide students on how to organize and present an activity, how to develop skills, how to co-operate and co-ordinate in different situations-all these helps in leadership qualities.
- It provides the avenues of socialization, self-identification, and self-assessment when the child comes in contact with organizers, fellow participants, teachers, and people outside the school during cultural activity.
- Inculcate the values to respect others’ views and feeling.
- It makes you perfect in decision-making.
- It develops a sense of belongingness.